Re: Proposed IAOC Administrative Procedures

2010-05-29 12:05:21

-- On May 28, 2010 10:15:49 AM -0700 IETF Administrative Director <iad(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote regarding Proposed IAOC Administrative Procedures --

2.      The IAOC shall select one member to serve as the Chair.
        a. Members eligible to serve as Chair are the NomCom, IESG and
IAB
        d. The Chair shall (i) have the authority to manage the
activities of
the IAOC and (ii) convene and preside over meetings of the IAOC, but
shall have no other powers or authority beyond his or her powers as
an IAOC member.   If the Chair is not available, then any other
voting member may convene or preside over meetings of the IAOC in the
absence of the Chair.

A detail that hasn't been comment on yet is that it seems odd to me that only certain members can be chair and, yet, if the chair is not available any voting member may serve.

I suggest the phrase "any other voting member" be modified to say "any other member who would otherwise be eligible to serve as Chair".

Jim