Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-25 12:12:46
On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 14:10 -0700, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Dave CROCKER wrote:

ps. Underlying any sort of change to the model is a change in the nature of
host/sponsor recruitment.  The current approach uses new venues to aid in
finding new sponsors.

Not quite. But you are correct that sponsors/hosts often strongly
influence the choice of venue and let's not forget that there are
places (China for example) where we could NOT do a meeting without
a host [regardless of any financial considerations]. There may not
be many such places, but the do exist.

I'm confused.  I heard earlier that we are picking sites 3 years ahead
of time, but that sponsorship is something that happens 18 months or
less.  So we are not picking venues based on sponsorship or are we?

If we didn't have a sponsor how much would the meeting fee increase?
$100 or $200?  That is more than offset by the increased cost of the
hotel ($150/night vs >$200/night).

        geoff

PS - I liked Philadelphia

Ole