Lawsuit against IETF/SIDR/RPKI? (fwd)

2011-11-17 11:08:04

Anyone have more info on this?

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:34:54
From: Vesna Manojlovic <becha(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl>
To: p2p-sec(_at_)lists(_dot_)puscii(_dot_)nl
Subject: Lawsuit against IETF/SIDR/RPKI?

You've heard it here first ;-)

But it's still only a rumor...

(does any of you have more news about it?)

Aparently, few big carriers in the States are preparing a lawasuit against
RPKI creators, since they are funded by US government, _and_ are mandating
the system that the ISPs will need to implement... so - anti-trust suit? Conflict of interests? etc...

I could only find some "old news" about this:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/121510-feds-internet-routing-security.html

That's why it is very important to continue with the development of the alternatives to the routing security...

BTW, I got a ticket for 28c3, so -- see you there!

Ciao,
Vesna

--
p2p-sec(_at_)lists(_dot_)puscii(_dot_)nl
discussing the distributed, web-of-trust BGP security