Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-17 11:53:03

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, Robinson Tryon wrote:

If authors take on the responsibility of creating and verifying the
fidelity of exported versions, then I think everything will be peachy.
What can we do to encourage this practice?

Start by compensating them for the work required to conform to this
requirement?

The IETF is a bunch of volunteers, most of whom carve out time for
participation from time needed to satisfy other responsiblities.

The authors already have issues with the basic tool set and compatiblity
with the computing environments needed for other life responsiblities.
Now you want to dictate a new step.

Adding a new tool/process is absurd. If you have a solution that actually
works for everyone without adding much to their time burden, test it,
demonstrate it with your own materials, etc.