Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-17 12:39:15

"Henning" == Henning Schulzrinne <hgs(_at_)cs(_dot_)columbia(_dot_)edu>
writes:
    Henning> I run a fairly large service for reviewing conference
    Henning> submissions, almost all in PDF, with several ten thousand
    Henning> submissions each year. You'd be amazed how much broken PDF
    Henning> is out there, produced by all kinds of tools. Older

Interesting thing you do.  It seems that we are a few years away from
having good PDF/A, but:

    Henning> Thus, requiring authors to upload "random" PDF isn't
    Henning> unreasonable, in my view, but requiring PDF/A or doing
    Henning> server-side PDF conversion raises the bar significantly,
    Henning> for all parties in the process.

having things in PDF to start with seems like a good baby step.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.