IEEE spam (was [CfP] IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Management of the Future Internet (ManFI 2012) - April 16, 2012 - Hawaii, USA)

2011-11-26 00:13:53
-----Original Message-----
From: apps-discuss-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:apps-discuss-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Peoples,
Cathryn
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 2:09 AM
To: apps-discuss(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [apps-discuss] [CfP] IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on
Management of the Future Internet (ManFI 2012) - April 16, 2012 -
Hawaii, USA

------------------------------
 Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP
------------------------------

IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Management of the Future Internet
(ManFI 2012)

As this was blasted to a lot of IETF lists (three that I watch, at least), I
suspect this might have been better handled, i.e., in a less irritating manner,
by using the IEEE-IETF Liaison position.  Such a role does exist, as shown at
http://www.ietf.org/liaison/managers.html.  That person could have posted the
CfP in a single conspicuous place within the IETF on behalf of IEEE.

In any case, a single posting to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org would have been more
than sufficient.

I note that on at least one list I watch, the IEEE poster has been blocked from
further postings as a result.