Re: discouraged by .docx was Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-28 14:26:56
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 09:03:02PM +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:
No, it just shows that our format has been optimized for a use case
which almost nobody cares about anymore.

Perhaps because no one actually reads RFC's on these small devices,
and so we've been trolled by a master into worrying about a use case
which isn't really a problem.

And plain text works just *fine* on a desktop machines, which is what
implementors of network protocols generally use.  If we actually have
people regularly coding up TCP or IPSEC or SMTP implementations on
iPhones or Android devices, at some future point in time, we can worry
then about whether those devices can correctly deal with text/plain
RFC's.  :-)

Thinking about how to deal with deeply nested C, C++, or Java code on
a 3" screen is kind of amusing, though.  :-)

Regards,

                                                - Ted