Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-11-30 01:12:10
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Harald Alvestrand
<harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:
<snip>
FWIW, given that the IAB has chosen to not uphold the principle of
subsidiarity and let this thing be done at the lowest possible level in the
decision hierarchy, I hold with the people who argue that allocating this
/10 is less harmful than not allocating it.

"best" in this case being synonymous with "least bad", not synonymous with
"good".

I read, it is what will hurt the whole less, nothing todo with good or bad idea.

Anyway, for what's it's worth. I'm very against the entire idea, but
all in all, it's better to give out that one big block than let the
chaos loose.

but it will probably open a can of worm that will start raining on
everyone in 2012 or so....

--

Roger Jorgensen           |
rogerj(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com          | - IPv6 is The Key!