Re: Travel/Attendees list FAQ

2011-12-07 09:21:02

On 12/7/2011 6:40 AM, George, Wes wrote:
However I suggest that the document cast itself as a snapshot of an on-
going documentation process, with the "master" copy being an IETF Wiki; the
document should contain a point to the wiki.
[WEG] There is currently a pointer to the wiki, but I'll have to think on
how

apologies for my phrasing.  yes, the current wiki is fine, as a venue.

what I mean to focus on is the relationship between the wiki and the RFC.  I'm
suggesting that the RFC be classed as a snapshot of the wiki.  I am suggesting
that the RFC have language that makes this explicit.

to update the text to make this distinction about how updates are managed.

Right.  My suggestion:

     Whenever there is an 'interesting' set of changes and the changes appear to
be stable is when the RFC should be revised.  This emphasizes that the wiki is
where the real work on the template is done.

I'd like to hope that we can get to something quasi-complete in terms of the
questions, since they should be relatively static and the answers are what

"relatively", hopefully.

I'll also suggest that there be an on-going mailing list for discussing
[WEG] I think because you have different attendees for each meeting that
this might be problematic. I didn't miss the email chatter for the last IETF
meeting that I didn't attend, and in fact, the whole point of this draft is
to try to cut down on said chatter. Perhaps the way to manage this is to
have two lists - an IETF-meeting list, and then an xxattendees list, and
then

I fear this issue does not have a clean solution.  With two lists, you'll get
cross posting or divergent threads.

I think I'll withdraw my suggestion for an additional mailing list...