Re: Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-08.txt> (Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-25 16:43:50
Hi SM!

On 1/25/12 3:27 PM, SM wrote:

At 13:50 25-01-2012, Adrian Farrel wrote:
2. How will the IETF handle the breach of IPR policy?

That's the uncomfortable question.  Some alternatives are:

 (a) Ask the company not to participate in the IETF for X period

We all participate as individuals.

 (b) Take action against the individual(s) responsible for the
     breach

Perhaps.

 (c) Ask the individual(s) involved for an explanation

Always a good idea. Ask questions first.

 (d) Do nothing

That seems like a bad idea.

I believe the document should be returned to the working group who are
the main victims of the disruptive behaviour by the author.

There aren't any victims here.  Before making a statement, it is up to
the person to ask the question instead of assuming the answer.

Causing the WG (and IESG, and general IETF community) to consider these
matters is taking time from many people who I'm sure have better things
to do. I for one consider that to be disruptive.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/