Sounds like a good idea ... I'd add one more question to the list below
... How would these attachments appear in the archive? Are they already
linked objects, must be I guess, would that change?
On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Robert Raszuk wrote:
IMHO this is a great idea and I fully support it's deployment asap. It is well
overdue one too not only in IETF but in many other mailing lists in the
The only few maybe too detailed at this point questions:
- what would be (if not infinity) the expiration data of such attachment
- what would be the automated interface to periodically sync such repository
on a per WG group to a local space ?
- would email contain full link or just a url short cut ?
- would the document as attachments be google indexed and fully searchable ?
- what attachment formats would be supported ?
Some suggestions have been made about the IETF mail lists.
There is a way for mailman to strip attachments and put them
in a place for downloading with a web browser. This would be
a significant change to current practice, so the community
needs to consider this potential policy change.
What do you think?