Re: Issues relating to managing a mailing list...

2012-03-15 15:19:15
Since the problem is a relative handful of large attachments, could a
solution just be to provide a repository for
mailing list members to store such files, yielding a URL they could
use in an email ? Then, the usual list feedback
would keep the attachment sizes manageable.

Obviously, there would be some issues about security (e.g., avoiding
hidden porn storage),
but they don't seem insurmountable in context For example, the link
could be non-functional until the URL was
used in an email to the appropriate mailing list. Then, the usual
moderation tools should suffice to take care
of inappropriate content.

Regards
Marshall

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Cyrus Daboo <cyrus(_at_)daboo(_dot_)name>