Re: Trade show at IETF

2012-03-16 20:49:47
On 3/16/12 3:32 PM, David Morris wrote:
I find my self needing downtime when I attend an IETF meeting.

Me too, and while I'm pro-beer I'm ambivalent about gear.  I
don't really understand what would be in it for any of the
parties involved.

No harm in looking at it, though.  Questions about what it would
offer that participants would find useful (other than beer).

Might thing about exhibit only attendees as well ... I frequently go
to trade shows for the exhibits rather than the sessions. Wouldn't travel
far, but I can see that being a valuable additional audience to
interest vendors?

I don't think I'd like that.  Too many people already refer to
IETF meetings as "conferences."  We're there to move work forward.

Melinda