I will raise this with the IESG. Of the many variants that were discussed,
this was not one of them.
On May 7, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Ted Hardie wrote:
As a clarifying question, did the IESG discuss whether the image of
the blue sheets might be made available online under other terms of
use, rather than within the proceedings? For example, making these
available to anyone with a tools login, so that anyone willing to
register as a user has access, but they are not broadcast?
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM, IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:
We have heard from many community participants, and consensus is quite rough
on this topic. The IESG discussed this thread and reached two conclusions:
(1) Rough consensus: an open and transparent standards process is more
important to the IETF than privacy of blue sheet information.
(2) Rough consensus: inclusion of email addresses is a good way to
distinguish participants with the same or similar names.
Based on these conclusions, the plan is to handle blue sheets as follows:
- Continue to collect email addresses on blue sheets;
- Scan the blue sheet and include the image in the proceedings for the WG
- Add indication to top of the blue sheet so people know it will be part of
the proceedings; and
- Discard paper blue sheets after scanning.
On behalf of the IESG,