Re: "why I quit writing internet standards"

2014-04-14 12:37:22
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca <mailto:mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>> wrote:

    For instance, had DMARC proponents and/or Yahoo, spent some time
    making sure
    that there was some running code for mailing list use, life would
    be better.

They did, and there is:

https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/2.1.16

Well... an awful lot of folks run other list software - listserve, listproc, majordomo, ezmlm, sympa (what I run) - it might have represented good citizenship if Yahoo had contributed patches to, say, the top half dozen open-source list management packages, and had discussions with the commercial vendors - before propagating p=reject.

Miles