Re: What I've been wondering about the DMARC problem

2014-04-14 23:08:04
Important business users, with Yahoo accounts?  Is that a joke?

Just as a reference point:
- I just logged into my long-unused, and un-publicized yahoo email account - and the only thing there is Spam - the lion's share of mail that comes from yahoo, to my normal account, is spam - unfortunately, a good number of people on the email lists that I run seem to have Yahoo mail accounts - and a good amount of the mail that comes from those accounts is... you guessed it... spam - because yahoo email accounts seem to be vulnerable to cracking and exploitation

So, just who is it that Yahoo is protecting here?

Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
The standard procedure in many companies is business scoped, so they identify important business users and the business returns/damages. Most important users are not IT experts, and use email for personal exchange. Yahoo has signed an agreement with users to protect its information system, so all seem to follow that, and all users are free to stop using services or not.

AB