Re: Mailman 2.1.16 [DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists

2014-04-15 11:46:51

Theodore Ts'o <tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:
    > On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 09:11:01AM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >From: Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com.INVALID>

    >> So, that totals people's address books.

    > But only for yahoo.com users.  Somehow, I have a very hard time
    > feeling sympathetic about their plight.

yes, I take your point.  Let's be clear, it totals my address book for people
who are on yahoo.  I agree that maybe that's tough.

    > If Yahoo isn't going to care about screwing over mailing list
    > administrators, I'm not sure why I should care about about
    > inconveniencing Yahoo uesrs.  If they end up moving to some other mail
    > provider, I'll consider that a bonus.

+1

    > And if Yahoo is right, and most Yahoo users don't use mailing lists,
    > then obviously this won't be a problem, right?

funny, cause most people I know who have yahoo addresses do so because it
given to them so that they could manage their mailing lists.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-