Re: Let's talk (was: DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists)

2014-04-16 13:24:35
On 16 April 2014 18:26, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com> wrote:

Speaking about career enhancing moves, common sense dictates that it is to
be assumed that the individual is the mouthpiece of the organization (I am
not inferring that you are).  In my opinion reviews from individuals
affiliated with the companies listed on the web page might not fit within
the objectivity guidelines.  It may be difficult to find an external
reviewer if Dave Cridland does not wish to donate his intellectual property
rights.

I'm actually quite happy donating IPR; I do it all the time. The XSF policy
on copyright is an assignment one, for example.

I have no idea what the IPR policy is for DMARC, it has been developed
outside the IETF process, and changes to it from the IETF are not welcome.

So from my perspective, it's like saying "Hey, we'd like you to spend time
and effort on reviewing this so we can tell you why we're not going to make
any changes".

Dave.