Re: (DMARC) How a whitelist would work, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-17 19:11:05
Are you saying that gmail and yahoo have to know about my lists.sandelman.ca
before I can have gmail/yahoo members on my little local list?

Yeah. It's clear from the DMARC summary reports I'm getting that the big mail systems already have a pretty good idea of where the mailing lists are, so it should be possible to pre-seed a whitelist so most people won't have to explicitly apply unless something screws up.

I agree this idea is not great, but all the plausible alternatives seem even less great.

Regards,