RE: Hawaii Block - going, going....

2014-09-04 02:03:44
Waikiki is essentially a neighborhood of hotels.  More than half the
blocks in that area appeared, when I was walking around there, to be
made up entirely of hotels plus retail to support the people staying
at those hotels.  A typical Waikiki hotel is both next door to and
across the street from other hotels.  So, no freeways, no train
tracks, no other obstacles, just hotels everywhere, totally walkable.

So how is a person in, say, an African country who has never been to Hawaii
supposed to know that? I had to get a guide book out of the library to know
that, and I've been travelling to the USA regularly since 1979.

The internet is a great tool, where you can find lots of information, including
tons of Waikiki hotel maps - you should try it sometime ;)

Regards,

Christer