Re: IETF web site behind CloudFlare

2014-09-18 19:19:14

Doug,

Not attacking your POV, but I would like to try pose another perhaps
more positive take on this...

On 18/09/14 19:38, Doug Barton wrote:
"But we're just a bunch of volunteers!" is not only not an adequate
excuse, it's a serious negative in that space.

"We are volunteers and we work well and hard on stuff that we find
useful, (some of which has changed the world)" seems to me to be a
better characterisation of the situation and also something to shout
from an occasional rooftop. That others might not get or think badly
of that is frequently not our problem, and is often theirs. I figure
that applies to tooling just as much as the rest of what we do (when
we do it well:-)

Cheers,
S.