Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-33

2014-09-27 10:32:56
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-33
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2014-08-24
IETF LC End Date: 2014-09-03
IESG Telechat date: 2014-10-02

Thank you for addressing my comments on -31.

Major Concerns:

- None.

Minor Concerns:

- Section 10.5 should state that validation of a MAC means provides
  corroboration that the message was generated by one of the parties
  that knows the symmetric MAC key.  This could potentially be many
  parties.

- In Section 4.1.4, should the value match the subject key identifier
  if an X.509 certificate is used?

- In Section 4.1.5, why is TLS required to fetch digitally signed
  X.509 certificates?