Call for Feedback on the current IRTF Chair

2014-10-17 13:26:38
As part of its oversight responsibility for the Internet Research Task Force
(IRTF), the IAB is soliciting comments from the community on the performance of
the IRTF Chair, Lars Eggert.  We are interested in comments on what has gone
well or badly in the last several years.  Lars has been serving in the IRTF
Chair position since March 2011.

RFC 2850 includes a paragraph about the selection of the IRTF Chair.  It says:

  3.3 Selection of the IRTF chair

  The IAB shall have the authority to appoint the chair of the Internet
  Research Task Force (IRTF) for a two-year renewable term, and to
  remove him or her. The IRTF chair shall be responsible for the
  management and organization of the IRTF according to [BCP 8].

Please send comments to iab-chair at iab.org and execd at iab.org.

We would appreciate receiving comments as soon as possible, as the IAB will
likely begin the next steps in the oversight process shortly after the end of
IETF 91 in Honolulu.

Thank you,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair