Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis

2014-10-23 08:47:07
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document:  draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-08

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2014-10-23

IETF LC End Date: 2014-10-30

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Section 2.3 discusses the issue of defining appropriate registration policy.
I was wondering about consistency between the policies of similar
registries, is it important and how to verify it. For example the policy for
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/sdp-security-descriptions/sdp-security-desc
riptions.xhtml#sdp-security-descriptions-3>
http://www.iana.org/assignments/sdp-security-descriptions/sdp-security-descr
iptions.xhtml#sdp-security-descriptions-3 is standard action and for
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/srtp-protection/srtp-protection.xhtml#srtp-
protection-1>
http://www.iana.org/assignments/srtp-protection/srtp-protection.xhtml#srtp-p
rotection-1 is specification required. I think that such cases should be
discussed when defining the registration policy.

Nits/editorial comments:

In section 2.3 "judgement" should be "judgment"