Re: suggestion for the next IETFs

2014-10-27 05:26:39
Define “everybody”

Canada is very convenient for most people. AFAIK Americans, Europeans, even
Israelis can enter without a visa. But for Indian (among others) citizens
living in the US there is a real issue with the Canadian consulates in the US
not processing visa applications from non-US citizens.  You’ll find issues with
pretty much every country. Even EU countries require visas for visitors from
China, India, African countries, Arab countries and parts of latin America.

About 50% of our participants come from North America. Disqualifying the US and
Canada would be grossly problematic. Early registration and LOI is the better
avenue than trying to pick the country with the laxest immigration policy.

Yoav

On Oct 27, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Loa Andersson <loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu> wrote:

Folks,

Maybe we should start favor countries where it is easier to get visa for
everybody?

/Loa

On 2014-10-26 19:16, Hosnieh Rafiee wrote:
Hello,

I have a suggestion for IETF meetings in the US and Canada. Unfortunately
sometimes a visa processing (to Canada and the US) might take 2 to 3 months.
Since invitation letters are usually necessary components to apply for a
visa,  sometimes the time for visa processing is not enough for planning for
this trip (reservation, buying a ticket, etc.)
Each IETF is usually every 6 months. I do not know whether there is any
possibility to change the start of registration date that at least there is
minimum 3 complete months before the IETF meeting (also after considering
possibility delay in opening registration, etc.)

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh
P.S. This of course applies to non US citizen

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com