RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-15.txt> (Registration Data Access Protocol Query Format) to Proposed Standard

2014-10-28 09:20:29
-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Newton [mailto:andy(_at_)arin(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:02 AM
To: Edward Lewis
Cc: Hollenbeck, Scott; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
weirds(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-15.txt>
(Registration Data Access Protocol Query Format) to Proposed Standard

On Oct 28, 2014, at 9:46 AM, Edward Lewis
<edward(_dot_)lewis(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
wrote:

How about this then:

Implementers need to consider the policy and privacy implications of
returning information that was not explicitly requested.  Servers
ought
to support means to ensure that any information sent is done in
accordance
with local policy, including what is found in a search.

I find this much easier to understand, and it works for me.

Same here. I'll see if I can add it after the IESG does their thing.

Scott