RE: 802.11a preamble

2014-11-03 09:58:14
It is 16usec.

The 802.11a PLCP preamble is comprised both Short training symbol(STS) and Long
training symbol(LTS).
STS using for signal detection, freq. offset estimation, and AGC has 10 symbols
of 0.8us each.
LTS using for channel estimation has 2 symbols of 3.2us + 1.6us guard interval.

--
Masafumi OE, NAOJ.

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of sdrb
Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2014 7:43 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: 802.11a preamble

Hello,

I'm reading 802.11a specs and trying to understand how long in microseconds is
the 802.11a preamble.

I know that 802.11a preamble is 12 symbols long plus one symbol for SIGNAL. But
how can I convert it to time?

I need to know how many data (counted in time) are added to 802.11 frame to be
ready to transmit by hardware.