Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt> (The "safe" HTTP Preference) to Proposed Standard

2014-11-16 20:10:52
The only thing I see wrong with this is the one bit. I would prefer to
see one byte, with a standard meaning developed for the bitmask.

We've had multiple attempts to do multi-factor web content filtering,
such as PICS.  All of them have failed to gain any acceptance.  Can
you tell us in more detail why it would be useful to go through a
similar exercise again?

Please keep in mind that two of the three most popular browsers in the
world, and the #2 search engine, have already implemented exactly
what's in this I-D, so it is in production use now.

R's,
John