Re: Blog: YANG Really Takes Off in the Industry

2014-12-09 11:09:01
On Dec 9, 2014, at 12:00 PM, Tim Wicinski <tjw(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I would concur that is something that the everyday yang user should never
have to do on a regular basis.  If we do, then we need to fix this.  I
believe this is why libraries were invented.

If by "everyday yang user" you mean an ops person in a data center, then I
agree, but that's not what I was talking about.   What I mean is that if yang
is hard enough to understand well that only someone who hacks yang models
full-time can do it, then that's a bit of a problem since we need people who
are experts in the protocols and systems being _managed_ to be writing yang
data models.   And those people are not going to be doing yang full-time.