Re: [Json] Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-json-text-sequence-10

2014-12-11 17:06:33
On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 09:50:53AM +1100, Manger, James wrote:
With John Cowan's change ("an ASCII Line Feed character (0x1E)"
instead of "an ASCII Record Separator (0x1E)"), that would indeed be
clearer.

Please no. That would give an even worse mix of UTF-8 and ASCII, bytes
and characters, in the 1 sentence.

Well, I just submitted -11 :(

But I don't think it's a problem, really.  UTF-8 is a superset of ASCII.

P.S. The spec still defines the same ABNF names twice (RS,
JSON-sequence): once as bytes; once as Unicode scalars. Yuck. Just
give them different names.

They're two different sets of rules, yes.  If people want me to, I'll
rename one of them.

Nico