Re: [IAB] IAB statement on the NETmundial Initiative

2014-12-22 09:21:49
John,

What you said is very similar to the input we’ve been hearing from both the
IESG and IAB. And even Russ and I understand the difficulties :-) regardless of
how well we managed to succeed in this case.

For what it is worth, our general policy is based on establishing IAB or IETF
wide formal opinions on topics and then talking about those, and other kinds of
statements should be rare. For a written version of our policy, se
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/SpeakingForIetf - feedback
appreciated as always.

Jari