Re: term for 3rd RTG AD

2014-12-30 13:25:36
On 30/12/2014 21:43, Adrian Farrel wrote:
Brian,

In what way is...
      The intent of this rule to ensure the review of approximately
      one-half of each of the IESG and IAB sitting members each year.
... a bug?

The bug is that the first sentence of the rule doesn't say "approximately"
or "on average". Nomcoms are not stupid and have never to my knowledge
attempted to review 7.5 positions, but the wording isn't quite right.

I will shut up, though, because 3777bis has already fixed this.

   Brian

7 or 8 out of 15 clearly fits "approximately".
I'd say that 6 or 9 out of 15 is stretching "approximately" and is to be
avoided where other circumstances allow, but it is not a disaster.

Adrian

.