Last Call: <draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-16.txt> (The PKCS#11 URI Scheme) to Proposed Standard: new draft 17

2014-12-31 23:38:25

        hi, I've addressed comments received so far during the last
call and given that there are several different changes I've filed a
new draft 17.  There is still an ongoing discussion on i18n
requirements and I expect that there will be a new draft following on.

        draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-17.txt contains the following
changes:

       - slot attributes added to identify a PKCS#11 slot

       - some minor editorial changes as suggested by Derek Atkins

       - IANA registration template added to the draft itself as
suggested by Martin Duerst.

       - normative language used as per RFC2119 as suggested by Sarah
Banks

       - IRIs (RFC3987) are referenced per Nico Williams's suggestion

       - a syntax error found by Shawn Emery fixed in the ABNF grammar

       - ABNF was simplified as suggested by the ABNF check tool
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/bap/abnf.cgi (I replaced "*1(xx)" with "[
xx ]")

       - text notes that use of "x-*" attributes is obsolete and
should be avoided as per BCP178.  Based on a comment by Bjoern
Hoehrmann.

        - a new section on generating PKCS#11 URIs added based on
initial comment by Henry B. Hotz.

        direct link to the diff from the previous version:

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-16&url2=draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-17

        best regards, Jan.

--
Jan Pechanec <jan(_dot_)pechanec(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com>