RE: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-14.txt> (Updates to LDP for IPv6) to Proposed Standard

2015-01-09 17:22:33
Ok thanks Adrian. Yes, we should close quickly on the remaining points.

Mustapha.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 11:46 AM
To: Aissaoui, Mustapha (Mustapha); ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: mpls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-14.txt> (Updates to
LDP for
IPv6) to Proposed Standard

Hi Mustapha,

Can we also close on the IANA assignment for the new TLVs and
specifically for the Dual-Stack Capability TLV?

I assume this will be drawn from the Common Hello Parameters range of
the LDP TLV Type Name Space. The next available value is 0x0409. I
appreciate if you
could
confirm this value.

Are you asking for an early allocation of this code point?

The document has been through IETF last call and with a few edits will be
ready for
processing by the IESG. After IESG approval, the IANA will make a provisional
allocation of a code point that will be confirmed on publication of the RFC.
The
IANA is *likely* to allocate the next available value, but not if another I-D
gets there
first :-)

Unless there is a reason for a rush, I suggest that we wait for normal
process.
Constructive discussion of the remaining issues with this draft should enable
that
to complete quickly.

Thanks,
Adrian