Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-01-10 17:40:45

John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > The other remote participation issue that would need to be sorted out
    > for Nomcom eligibility and service is that my impression is that the
    > Nomcom depends a lot on f2f or at least on having enough members
    > present at key meetings to staff interviews, etc.  "Has been
    > participating remotely, but can promise to physically attend several
    > meetings in a row if selected" would be a rather different requirement
    > from "Has been participating remotely and intends to participate
    > remotely in the Nomcom".  Michael and others who have been more
    > directly involved might want to reflect on that difference and the
    > feasibility of the second, but that might evolve with remote
    > participation arrangements too and I'm pretty sure we aren't ready to
    > make decisions about it now.

I, and a number of others (Melinda and Joe Abley comes to mind. Joe and I
stayed up all night once trying to make mbone work for us...), throughout the
naughties, attended around a single meeting a year...

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [