Re: draft-newton-link-rr (was Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-uri-10.txt> (The Uniform Resource) Identifier (URI) DNS Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

2015-03-02 10:35:12
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Nico Williams
<nico(_at_)cryptonector(_dot_)com>
wrote:

And this is the reason I am nervous over "gopher like features" in
DNS. Even though I think it is good...I think it will loose...

I don't think that's a good enough reason here.  There may be other
reasons to tread carefully here.

Agreed. Also, it seems the horse has already left the barn. With
application selection using prefixes, etc... that goes on with SRV,
S-NAPTR, and U-NAPTR (as well as URI), there is already "negotiation stuff"
in the DNS.

-andy