On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:10:15AM -0500, Bonatti, Chris wrote:
- We want backward compatibility, ...
This requirement is nebulous, should be paraphrased in
- Should (temporarily=few years) be able to receive messages
through old SMTP/MX-Record. Maybe there could be a separate
gateway application, accepting SMTP and injecting it into
the new mechanism.
- Should be able to deliver to old SMTP/MX machines.
- Should be able to convert messages from old RFC822 to
new style and vice versa.
- Should support UNIX world's /usr/sbin/sendmail injection
- (Maybe) should support MUAs with POP and IMAP (maybe through
a separate gateway process)