mharc-users

Re: \~mhonarc getting in the way....

2002-07-25 11:25:23
On July 25, 2002 at 10:32, Sean M Alderman wrote:

gotcha, MBOX_URL is set to $SW_ROOT/mbox.  I should change that to

Um, you must mean MBOX_DIR.  Actually, MBOX_URL was accidently
left out of the config.sh.dist file, but it is supported by
bin/web-archive.

MBOX_DIR refers the file system pathname to the raw mailbox archives.
MBOX_URL refers to the HTTP URL to the raw mailbox archives.

MBOX_DIR will default to $SW_ROOT/mbox if not explicitly defined.
MBOX_URL will default to $ROOT_URL/mbox if not explicitly defined.
(Actually, to be more accurate on how these variables are used,
 view the web-archive manpage by running 'web-archive -man').

MBOX_URL is *not* used to do any file system access within web-archive.
It is only used to print out the link to the raw period archive on
the top html period index of each list.

$ROOT_URL/mbox to make it work, since $SW_ROOT and $ROOT_URL are
different for my setup.

Difference should be the norm since SW_ROOT is a file system pathname
and ROOT_URL is a web server URL path.

But if I want that to be removed altogether I
should take it out of the web-archive script.

If you do not want any links to the raw mail archive for a list,
add the following option for the list in lib/lists.def:

  No-Raw-Link: 1

--ewh