mharc-users

Re: procmail rules...

2002-11-13 16:46:31
On November 13, 2002 at 17:05, Sean M Alderman wrote:

Yes, I use multiple addresses all the time...we're still seeing a lot of
stuff using our legacy domain name lerc.nasa.gov.  I was just curious if
Sender might also be a good way to handle it.  In this specific
instance, I was not made aware of the alternate addresses for the list.
All of the messages I saw in the .catch archive were from the same
Sender, despite the fact that they were sent to different list
addresses.

Sender: conveys who sent the message, not who it is intended for.
I'm not sure it is a reliable header field to use.

I've also tried using the regex for out domain name issue...

Address:  list-name(_at_)[le|g]rc.nasa.gov which seems to work fine too, but
it's more confusing to those who don't read regex....never know when a
new contractor might come in and take my job.  :)

A contractor that is actually concerned about long term maintenance;
I thought they were extinct.

IMO, if a newer contractor cannot understand some basic regex patterns,
then the person should not have been hired.

--ewh