mhonarc-users

Re: using threads in MHonarc v 1.1

1996-07-09 11:43:35
Dear Earl,

Thanks for MHonarc, viewing mail via the web makes following up on urls
etc so much easier.

I have installed MHonarc 1.1 on our system and I am now trying to use the

FYI, you might want to get the latest version.  See
<URL:http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html> for the latest
information on mhonarc.

threads with an MH folder.  The file threads.html is created but the
messages do not get nested as I would have expected according to the threads.

All the messages have a count of (0) before the subject line even when
there are several followon messages on a topic.
eg
     (0) trip to London, Sender 1
     (0) Re: trip to London, Sender 2
     (0) Re: trip to London, Sender 1
     (0) Re: trip to London, Sender 2
     (0) Re: trip to London, Sender 1

I used the command:
      mhonarc -thread <mhfoldername>

Am I doing something wrong - or is this a bug?

A limitation.  The FAQ (accessible at the aboe mentioned URL) states
how mhonarc performs threading.  In sum, mhonarc relies on explicit
references of message-ids.  No subject-based threading has been
implemented at this time.

        --ewh

----
    Earl Hood                  |   ISOGEN INTERNATIONAL CORP
    ehood(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com           |   dba Highland Consulting
    Phone: 214-953-0004 x127   |   2200 North Lamar #230
    FAX: 214-953-3152          |   Dallas, TX  75202