mhonarc-users

Many many lockretries

1997-02-21 17:20:12
I have an mhonarc archive with over 3600 messages in it. I've set lockretries
up to a pretty large number (20 or more), but I'm still at the point where I
get very frequent lock timeouts - and thus unarchived messages!

Is there any way that I can configure MHonArc to branch an archive Index? In
other words, to start a new one, but keep links to the old one?

Also, for space reasons, I'd like to tar and compress some of the old message
HTML files in this archive (not the one I keep on the Web, just my private
one). Will this adversely affect MHonArc's indexing?

Thanks,
Lew Gramer