mhonarc-users

Message body format

1997-04-11 10:17:50
I could use some advice from the Perl-savvy (which I ain't!) on this
list regarding the format of message bodies.  Our page format includes a
"left margin" stripe of color down the side of the page, so we don't
have the usual screen width for text display.  Thus the message text
bleeds over the right side of the page unless the lines happen to be
very short.  I downloaded a program called txt2html to use as a filter.
I've done the following, hoping to force the message body to be
HTML-ized:

<MIMEFilters>
application/*:m2h_external'filter:mhexternal.pl
application/x-patch:m2h_text_plain'filter:mhtxtplain.pl
audio/*:m2h_external'filter:mhexternal.pl
image/*:m2h_external'filter:mhexternal.pl
message/partial:m2h_text_plain'filter:txt2html.pl
text/*:m2h_text_plain'filter:txt2html.pl
text/html:m2h_text_html'filter:txt2html.pl
text/plain:m2h_text_plain'filter:txt2html.pl
text/richtext:m2h_text_plain'filter:txt2html.pl
text/setext:m2h_text_setext'filter:mhtxtsetext.pl
text/tab-separated-values:m2h_text_plain'filter:mhtxtplain.pl
text/x-html:m2h_text_html'filter:mhtxthtml.pl
text/x-setext:m2h_text_setext'filter:mhtxtsetext.pl
video/*:m2h_external'filter:mhexternal.pl
</MIMEFilters>

MHonArc doesn't seem to like this, though.  It flashes the HTML-ized
text on the screen and then gives the message that there were no
messages to process.
Also, this puts *all* of the message, including the header stuff, into
HTML, which is probably why MHonArc is not recognizing any messages.

Can anyone tell me which of the above text/... statements to use
txt2html in, and how to make it wrap the output back into MHonArc??

Or is there a better way to do this?

If anyone wants to see our test pages, you can go to

    http://www.edweek.org/context/meeting

Thanks much for any help!  We're going to go "live" with this on our
site on Monday, and this is the last glitch I need to work out.

--Catherine
chess(_at_)epe(_dot_)org