mhonarc-users

Re: Anyone still using Perl 4 with MHonArc

1997-05-15 11:18:01
On Wed, 14 May 1997, Earl Hood wrote:

Is anyone still using Perl 4 with MHonArc?  I believe there may be
problems with Perl 4 and mhonarc v2.  For example, I got the following
messages a few days ago while running some sample data under Perl 4:

Bad free() ignored at /users/asc/ehood/bin/mhonarc line 972.
Bad free() ignored at /users/asc/ehood/bin/mhonarc line 972.

I always get those messages.  I started with MHonArc v2.0a something and
I'm currently on 2.0b1.  All were with Perl 5.003.

Are you stating that you get the above messages using perl 5.003?
If so, could you reverify that Perl 5 is being used (check the
perl pointed to by the #! line at the top of the mhonarc *installed*
source file).  I have never received the messages with the
Perl 5 I'm using:

This is perl, version 5.003 with EMBED
        built under solaris at Mar  4 1997 15:38:55
        + suidperl security patch

Copyright 1987-1996, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

Running under Solaris 2.5.1.