mhonarc-users

NOMAIL options

1998-02-24 10:32:01
Russell McOrmond <russell(_at_)flora(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca> writes:

On FLORA we always set up two lists   <listname>  and <listname>-nomail

The -nomail is not a mailing list, but a list of Email addresses that
want to be able to contribute automatically, but do not want to receive
Email.  One would put their various Aliases into that list, and put their
primary email address into the <listname> list.

A caution about this, if the list-nomail "list" is open, that can be
very convenient for spammers -- they can subscribe without getting mail,
which for them is spam!

Actually I have found that the taboo_headers catch the vast majority of
spam, and that most spammers are not too tricky about sneaky their spams
through. The major problem for me seems to be harvested addresses.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577