mhonarc-users

Re: "times not implemented" error

1998-03-18 09:15:25
At 05:00 PM 3/17/98 -0800, Earl Hood wrote:
On March, 17 1998 at 14:3, "Ed Venzke" wrote:

I just installed Mhonarc 2.2.0 and am now getting a "times not implemented
at mhamain.pl line 74" error. There were no problems under any of the
mhonarc 2.1 versions.

Running under Perl v. 5.003_07 (Perl for Win32 build 316).  System is Win95
running Mhonarc in a DOS window with a batch file.

I bet you will get the same error with v2.1 if you sepcify the -time
option.

In v2.2, CPU time info is always computed, and -time just tells
MHonArc if it should echo the results.  A fix for systems that
have not implement times() is to wrap the offending statement
in an "eval { };" block.

      --ewh

Thanks Earl, that took care of it!  Mhonarc 2.2.0 now runs great.  This fix
had to be done in mhamain.pl with both the $StartTime (line 74) and
$EndTime (line 1384) routines.

I have been very pleased with the program, thanks for all the hard work!

Ed Venzke
Volcano Postmaster / Webmaster
Global Volcanism Program, MRC 129
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution
Washington DC 20560

Email:  postmaster(_at_)volcano(_dot_)si(_dot_)edu