mhonarc-users

Re: Link to messages in different folder

1998-04-09 09:19:23
On April, 8 1998 at 19:9, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Earl Hood wrote:
No.  Cross archive threading is not supported.

Why?

Because I have not done it, or nobody has contributed an enhancement
to do it.

Will there be any big problems to implement it?

Yes.  The current code base is not suited well for it.  It is possible,
with cross archive reference links easier to do than cross archive
follow-up links.  The customization factor with resource variable
resolution adds some complexity to the problem.  Either one would take
some work and I think performance would become an issue.

MHonArc is distributed under the GPL, so you can always try to add the
feature yourself.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME