mhonarc-users

Re: [ADMIN] Looking for a new home for the mhonarc list server

1998-04-23 14:15:36
On April 23, 1998 at 15:15, Achim Bohnet wrote:

Due to personal time constrains (and hardware/network reorganization here)
I would like to ask if someone may host the mhonarc mailing list. (I can
continue to serve a public list archive here.)

Any takers?

Since there is more than one person who has responded to Achim's
request, I suggest that those who have responded (and may still
respond) please provide the following information:

    o   Do you have the time to respond timely to administrative
        requests and list problems?

    o   If something happens to you (quit job, move, etc ...) that
        makes it impossible for you to do you duties as list
        administrator, will someone be available to take your place?

    o   Do you have approval of your superiors (or owners of the
        system) to host the mailing list?

    o   What kind of system resources (machine and network) will be
        used?  Want to make sure the system(s) used can handle the
        traffic and is reliable.

    o   What domain will the mailing list be in?  I prefer to have
        the list maintened by a non-commercial domain so no implied
        endorsements and commercial support can be inferred.

My intent is to not make a competition out of this.  However, since
multiple persons have shown interest in hosting the list, some
selection criteria must be used to pick who will do it.

Note, I am grateful for those who are willing to take over hosting
the list since I lack the resources to do it myself.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME