mhonarc-users

Re: oops I broke it.

1998-08-06 22:23:28
On August 3, 1998 at 23:38, Trey Donovan wrote:

I just tried to remove two messages from a mhonarc archive, using the -rmm
option, and mhonarc failed to rewrite the message database.

As a result, the whole archive is fouled up and I can't sent new messages
to it, and I can't clean it up.  Is there some command that will look at
what's there and rewrite the database?  Any idea why this happened?

I was logged in as a regular user, but I see that the database and the
message .html files are all owned by daemon.

That was the problem most likely: lack of proper permissions to modify
files.

If you have the original messages, you can recreate the archive fomr
those.  If not, you will have to wait until v2.3 to have a utility
to recreate the db from mhonarc message files (unless you know Perl
and write your own).

I'll try this weekend to see if I can package up an alpha version
of v2.3 for those who need/want to try out the newer stuff.  The
new docs are still some time away.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME