mhonarc-users

Re: An odd problem with Mhonarc v2.2.0

1998-08-23 23:06:39
On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Earl Hood wrote:

On August 23, 1998 at 14:02, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

    The actually file that it gets the archive from has ~976 messages
in it, but the mhonarc -outdir currently has: 6600 msg* files in it.

    I'm using the following to create the archive:

    mhonarc -add -rcfile ../.resource -outdir 1997-01 \
            archive/pgsql-hackers.199701

    I just wiped out the 1997-01 directory, and am recreating it,
using the above command:

pgsql> ls 1997-01 | wc -l
     964

    Trying it a second time, using exactly the same command and the
same archive file, I should get 'No new messages', correct?

Do your messages have message-ids?  If not, then do not use -add.

        Yes, they do...and from what I can tell with just a cursory
glance, they are all different..

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy(_at_)hub(_dot_)org           secondary:
scrappy(_at_){freebsd|postgresql}.org