mhonarc-users

Re: "No new messages", 973 to the contrary

1998-09-16 13:48:45
Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> writes:
From reading the MHonArc archives, I know that the msgsep is often linked
to the "No new messages" problem. Here's the relevant info from .rc file
I'm using:

  <MSGSEP>
  ^From .*  \w{3} \w{3} [ \d]\d
  </MSGSEP>

This is probably it.  There was a recent thread on the list about the
same problem using Wilma.  The problem was that the mbox did not have
two consecutive space characters as is required by the MSGSEP being
used.  Try removing the MSGSEP resource and see what MHonArc does.

Yep. I'd run an emacs macro on the old archive to "fix up" the "^From "
header, and I didn't have two spaces between the address and the
date. Doh. Added the spaces and MHonArc was happy.

Thank you!

morgan
--
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
M o r g a n   F l e t c h e r         http://www.hahaha.org <<